Some people believe that being happy requires having a perfect life. But the "perfect" life isn't all it's cracked up to be. Getting a great job, earning a lot of money, and finding the perfect partner is great — but being happy with life isn't just about the big moments.
In this episode, Tim talks about the five C's that lead to living a joyful and happy life. Everyone has bad days from time to time, so it's important to figure out how to live with joy. And happiness doesn't always lie in material wealth and victories; in fact, it's found in these five C's that you must do consistently to create joy in your life.
Listen to the episode if you want to learn to be happy with your life!
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Find out how to find joy and be happy with life right where you are.
- Discover the five C’s that you should focus on to be happy.
- Gain clarity on why you’re here and what you’re meant to do in this world.
- Check out the Seek, Go, Create website
- Subscribe to the Seek, Go, Create YouTube Channel
- Connect with us:
[03:37] The Five C’s to Living a Joyful Life
- Tim feels like he’s been in a weird mood in the past few months.
- He noticed he was straying from rhythms that nourish his soul and make him happy.
- Thus, Tim decided to take notes and figure out what he needed to do consistently to find joy and be happy with life.
- He came up with five C's that help him stay focused.
- Being content means being at peace with what’s going on around you.
- Some people live in the past, always wanting to relive the glory days, while others think about the future. Both can lead to anxiety.
- Tim wants to be in a place where he’s content right here, right now.
- Be mindful and gain wisdom, but be content.
[08:44] “... be content, be happy, be joyous, and just enjoy where we are. And not be anxious for whatever happened in the past or whatever’s going on in the future. We need to be mindful and learn from things and gain wisdom but be content.” - Click Here To Tweet This
- Learn how to collect and gather information so that it serves you.
- Try unsubscribing from some emails and cleaning out things burdening you and putting you in a bad mood.
- Narrow your information sources and consume information intentionally.
- Limit the time you spend on social media.
[12:36] “... these things, their algorithms, the way they work — they are trained to suck us in and get as much of our time as they possibly can. We have to have them be slaves to us, instead of us being slaves to them.” - Click Here To Tweet This
- We were designed to create — part of being happy with life involves acts of creation.
- Creating comes in many forms. Even manual labor — such as digging a ditch or repairing things — counts as creating something.
- Understand what you want to create and be consistent in creating it.
- Avoid getting into maintenance mode.
[13:59] “I believe that we were created. And I believe that we were created to be creators.” - Click Here To Tweet This
- We all need to interact and connect with other people.
- We’re supposed to ask for help and give help because that’s what God wants us to do as a community and as His family.
- Be part of a community, either digital or in person.
[18:49] “We’re supposed to connect with people. We’re supposed to ask for help. And we’re supposed to give help. Because that is part of what a community is.” - Click Here To Tweet This
- Why are we here?
- We all desire to understand more about our purpose.
- When you try to be content, collect information, create, and connect with others, you gain clarity on what you're doing daily.
- Gaining clarity will help you recognize what you need and want.
[22:03] "... I get more clarity when I'm being creative — when I'm interacting and connecting with people. And you know what that clarity does? It helps that process even more." - Click Here To Tweet This
Enjoy the Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories, and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work, and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on your favorite social media platform.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,