Jesus Never Hustled — Why Should You?
It's a new year, and we can't help but make a list of goals to check off as the year progresses. Indeed, our society has become obsessed with being busy and doing more. Being spread too thin is like a badge of honor. Is hustle culture, however, the way we should live our lives?
In this first episode of Seek, Go, Create in 2023, Tim discusses why hustling should not be our life's goal. He explains why living in peace and rest is more profitable — and more similar to how Jesus lived — instead of engaging in the hustle and hurry culture. Finally, he provides tips and practices for pausing and remaining calm.
If you want to discover why you should avoid the hustle culture, tune in to this episode!
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Learn why Jesus never lived a life of hustle and hurry — and why you shouldn’t either.
- Explore the two types of people and their mindsets.
- Uncover tips and practices to live peacefully.
- Visit the Seek Go Create website for show notes, resources, and more!
[08:08] Disconnecting from the Hustle Culture
- Despite having the most important mission on Earth, Jesus never rushed or hustled.
- Jesus was aware of His limited time on earth, but He remained patient and focused on His mission to save the people.
- Unlike most of us, Jesus never regarded hustling as a badge of honor.
[13:43] Two Types of People and Their Mindset
- Following God's lessons and teachings entails adopting the Lord's way of life.
- There are two kinds of people in the world: those who want to thrive and those who don't.
- People who want to improve often have a hustler mindset, whereas others live in a state of peace and rest.
[18:43] Defining Peace and Rest
[18:56] “Peace is defined by something like this: I am created for a purpose, and my Creator will lead me and guide me to that purpose.” - Click Here to Tweet This
- Peace means being created with a purpose in mind.
- God will lead and guide us to our true calling.
- When love and faith dominate our soul, peace exists.
- Rest occurs when there is no conflict between the spirit, the soul, and the body.
- Rest is neither earned nor taken. It is received.
[20:01] “Peace exists when love and faith dominate one's soul and that allows an individual to abide in a place of rest.” - Click Here to Tweet This
[21:31] Tim Discovers Peace
- Tim used to live in the hustle culture. Today, however, he is leaning toward rest and peace.
- He used to be proud of his ability to work long hours while sleeping only 3 to 4 hours per night.
- When the recession hit in 2008, he began to reconsider his life choices.
[24:56] The Challenges of Hustle Culture
- The hustle culture is about the self—you don't get to trust others.
- Starting your day early does not ensure you will make the most of it. Prioritize getting adequate rest instead.
- Maintain constant peace and rest. Don't think you have to succeed before you can achieve them.
- We can overcome adversity by remaining calm.
[25:56] “I'm against believing that the earlier you get up is going to have massive change in the way we function and operate.” - Click Here to Tweet This
[29:49] Be Open to Surrender
- Peace entails surrendering, trusting, and letting go of things beyond our control.
- This world is bigger than us — trust that everything will work out.
- Listen to the entire episode to uncover the lessons Tim gained while living in an RV.
- Slow down and enjoy your journey.
- The goal is to live a life without the need for vacations.
[32:38] “And this is what I've learned from RV-ing. I just need to slow down, enjoy the journey. Be patient; not getting in a hurry; not being in a rush.” - Click Here to Tweet This
[34:27] Tips for Living in Peace
- Look at your calendar and make room for rest. Tune in to the entire episode to find out how Tim plans his day.
- Observe if you’re always rushing. If so, find some time to pause.
- Learn to say, “No.”
- Be with people who get things done while remaining calm and peaceful.
[38:22] “Do less. In all likelihood, most achievers, people that are trying to achieve and accomplish, you have too many things piled on your plate.” - Click Here to Tweet This
Enjoy the Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories, and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work, and lead. Don’t fall into the trap of hustle culture. Find your rest and be at peace.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on your favorite social media platform.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
Connect with the SeekGoCreate Network! For updates and more episodes, visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,