How Christian Business Leaders Can Develop a God-Driven Company with Bobby Albert
Is God present in every aspect of your life? We often have the impression that ministry and work should stay separate but this should not be the case! God can be found everywhere. He is glorified when Christian business leaders use their talents and gifts for His vision and purpose.
In this episode, we talk to Bobby Albert about making God the center of your business. He shares how being principled will not only help you in your faith but also help your business thrive. Bobby also discusses his four pillars of mind, body, spirit, and emotions and how you can implement this ministry in your company.
If you’re a Christian business leader wanting to integrate ministry into your workplace, then this episode is for you!
Bobby Albert is the founder and CEO of Values-Driven Leadership, LLC, where he teaches and equips Christian business leaders to lead with greater meaning and impact. He believes that the right values will empower employees and allow leaders to gain the leverage they need to grow revenue and profit.
With over 40 years of experience in business, Bobby was able to develop a process with specific principles, strategies, and implementation tools to intentionally create a culture that is focused on people and their gifts.
Bobby has also written several books on the topic including The Freedom Paradox, True North Business, Principled Profits, and Goal Setting Success.
Interested in Bobby’s work? Check out his website.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Learn the importance of serving others as a Christian business leader.
- Discover how to integrate work with ministry.
- Understand the need to set standards for excellence and how to change your business’ culture.
- Subscribe to our website and other platforms to get resources from our guests and updates on our latest giveaways and episodes.
- Get Bobby’s books! These include:
- The Freedom Paradox
- True North Business
- Principled Profits
- Free download: Goal Setting Success
- Check out Bobby’s online assessment for business leaders!
- Connect with Bobby: Website I Facebook I LinkedIn I Twitter
[03:18] What Bobby Does and Words of Encouragement
- He encourages Christian business leaders to integrate the Lordship of Jesus Christ in every aspect of their lives.
- Bobby shares that his father’s death propelled him into becoming a leader of a business that had outstanding debt.
- Despite this crisis, he was able to grow the company to over 150 employees and sell it to a publicly traded company.
- You can create a successful business with the right principle and practice.
[10:29] The Value of Humility
- Bobby shares that his father taught him the importance of humility. He was encouraged to not act like the boss’ son in his first job.
- To pay off the debt, Bobby sold his car and rode with an employee to work.
- He also had to ask their five employees to take a pay cut.
- Encouraged by Jesus’s servant leadership, Bobby took his organizational chart, turned it upside down, and placed himself at the bottom.
- At the very top of his organizational chart is Jesus Christ.
[21:53] Being a Christian Business
- Some Christian business people try to separate and compartmentalize ministry from work.
- For Bobby, Christian business leaders should not divide the two; God is glorified every time we use our talents, skills, and gifts.
- Bobby did not promote his company as a Christian business. However, he did declare that he wanted to view his work as a ministry and not just a job.
- As Colossians 3:23-24 states, whatever you do, do it with all your heart for the Lord.
- Bobby also makes this explicit to all his employees, that they work for God and not for him.
[27:32] Hiring Employees as a Christian Business Leader
- Bobby does not specifically choose Christians to join his company. But he makes sure that applicants know that he is one and that they’re comfortable with it.
[30:36] Setting a Standard of Excellence
- Don’t be a hypocrite; be consistent with how you act in every setting.
- As Bobby looked up the founding of the country, the values of freedom and responsibility stood out to him.
- The more we act responsibly, the more freedom we have. The same is true for the opposite.
- Throughout history, the Bible was used extensively to teach what it means to be responsible.
[42:40] Things to Keep in Mind
- Choose principle and right decisions over expediency, or emotional decisions.
- Live in an abundance mindset rather than a scarcity mindset.
- Find the root cause of problems, rather than trying to solve the symptoms.
- Know the difference between process and content. The process focuses on the how, while content looks at what.
- Take the responsibility of picking people up instead of putting them down.
[48:19] Is There Hope for Unity?
- Bobby believes that there is hope for unity in the United States.
- The country is being led towards idols and gods more than ever, but there is still hope.
- As kingdoms crumble under the weight of sins, the more God is needed for healing.
- Our role is to shine on and keep sharing the gospel with everyone around us.
[50:34] How to Change the Company Culture
- Bobby shares the four pillars of mind, body, spirit, and emotion that his company focuses on.
- For the mind, Bobby provides learning sessions and also scholarships opportunities for his employees.
- They also have a wellness program in their company, which includes coaching for weight loss and quitting smoking, to name a few.
- Developing the spiritual side includes holding Bible studies and creating prayer teams.
- To help with stress levels, they hold events such as Happy Fridays. Tune in to the full episode to hear more about Bobby’s efforts to take care of his employees and customers!
[1:01:08] What You Can Do as a Christian Business Leader
- As a Christian business leader, you can do much more than you realize.
- First, you can choose where to spend your money.
- However, you cannot force people to attend Bible studies.
- Learn to accommodate people’s preferences as long as it does not disrupt your business.
[1:04:15] Seek God in All Things
- Many people often seek human wisdom, when God’s wisdom is far superior.
- Change your workplace culture by identifying gaps first.
- Tap into people’s will and don’t destroy it.
[1:10:44] Seek, Go, or Create?
- ‘Go’ stands out to Bobby the most.
- He shares Jesus’ words: “Go and make disciples.”
5 Powerful Quotes from this Episode
[07:31] “I tell you what, through those tough times, that if you’re experiencing tough times right now in your business, I’ve learned that everyone can build a successful life and business, or even a church, by applying certain principles and practices in their life and business.”
[19:27] “Jesus said to His disciples, ‘I come to serve and not be served.’ So with that thought in the background is that I took the organization chart and turned it upside down.”
[26:39] “Our employees clearly heard me say that they came to work for the Lord Jesus Christ every day, not for Bobby Albert.”
[36:14] “As we behave more irresponsibly, the more freedoms we lose. The more we behave responsibly, the more freedoms we gain.”
[1:05:19] “God’s wisdom is a lot better than human wisdom. I see people turning to human reason today when God is right there that wants to help them and reach, reach up and pull them out of the crisis they’re in.”
Enjoy This Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on social media.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,