God gave us a mission: to preach the good news to the ends of the earth. As we face the greatest tribulation of our time, people need to hear His message now more than ever. Thus, our gift and calling must be clear to us so that we can do well and be a living testament to His grace.
In this episode, Misty Phillip shares how she responded to God’s call of spreading the Gospel on different platforms. More importantly, she teaches us how we can further expand the reach of God’s words by empowering others to do the same.
This episode is for people who want to share God’s word primarily through writing and podcasting. Whether you are just planning to start a podcast or you have already released a few episodes, listening to Misty’s experiences will encourage you to keep going.
The world is waiting to hear from you, so gather the courage and speak!
- Be reminded that God blessed you with talents to share with the entire world.
- Discover how to find people who share your passion, work with them to further your craft, and share God’s message.
- Learn how you can follow Misty’s example of responding to God’s call amid a time of fear.
- Join the Spark Christian Podcast Conference to launch and market the podcast of your dreams!
- Sign up for the Rocket Podcast community to prepare your podcast for takeoff!
- By His Grace with Misty Phillip
- The Struggle Is Real But So Is God by Misty Phillip
- Spark Podcast Planner 2020 by Misty Phillip & Peter Phillip
- Dear Wife: 10 Minute Invitations to Practice Connection with Your Husband by A Wife Like Me
- Christian Podcasters Association
- Halfway There with Eric Nevins
[02:10] Getting to Know Misty
- Misty identifies herself as a lover of King Jesus
- She is a wife and a mother to three young men.
- Misty is currently at the tail end of her homeschooling journey for their youngest son.
- Misty considers being an author, speaker, podcaster, and entrepreneur as her full-time job.
[04:03] The Importance of Working from Rest
- We need to work from a place of rest as God did when He created the universe.
- Working from rest means being connected to the Lord every day because He is our source.
- Misty doesn’t overschedule her family, and she is intentional with the things she does.
- She keeps her calendar manageable so that she still has time to love and serve her family and neighbors.
[07:05] Reflections amid the Quarantine
- For Misty, the quarantine period is a mixed bag of difficulty and blessing.
- Families are spending more time together, which is a blessing.
- Her husband was laid off, but their family remains functional.
- Listen to the full episode to know more about Misty’s family.
[11:46] On Homeschooling
- Misty thinks people are “crisis schooling” right now. They’re trying to do what schools do in their home.
- She believes homeschooling is an act of discipleship where you’re constantly teaching your children wisdom and values from a Christian perspective.
[16:14] Being a Parent to a Special Needs Child
- Misty’s 21-year-old son Connor had a brain injury as a baby. She considers him as a blessing in their life who helps them be more like Jesus.
- Parenting him comes with a lot of heartache, but he is a constant source of joy to his family and those around him.
- Listen to the full episode to understand more of Misty’s challenges as a mom.
- She reminds parents facing the same challenges that they are never alone and God is always with them.
[23:39] Misty’s Urge to Share Her Journey
- During difficult times, God spoke to her and showed her she didn’t have to do anything to earn His love.
- Mistry realized that as an experienced mom, it was her duty to share and equip younger mothers with wisdom.
- She then started her blog, podcast, and Bible study.
[27:14] Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen?
- The answer is in Genesis. When sin entered the world, the perfect garden God created had been corrupted.
- We will face tribulations, but we can take heart knowing Jesus has paid for our sins on the cross.
- God allows terrible things to happen because they will help us become more like Jesus.
[31:15] On God’s Grace
- God’s grace changed Misty’s sinful life and shaped her to become the mom, ministry leader, and entrepreneur she is today.
- Listen to the full episode to hear about Misty’s life growing up.
[33:55] The Spark Conference
- Misty was amazed her small podcast can reach people all over the world.
- God gave her the idea of organizing a live event to bring more people together.
- The preparation was taxing, but eventually it was done in God’s perfect timing.
[38:22] Misty’s Learnings & Future Plans
- Misty learned planning a conference is her gift and calling.
- She also learned she can’t do everything, so she formed a team to help her.
- Misty is going to change the format of the next conference. From having one keynote, it will have five or six. Misty will also introduce breakout sessions.
- She also formed Rocket Podcast with Eric Nevins where podcasters can get constant training.
- As an event planner, Misty will look out for the “pandemic language” in future contracts with hotels and airlines.
[47:24] Spreading the Message of the Kingdom
- Jesus wanted us to make disciples of many nations. We can do that with a podcast.
- People are hungry for hope, peace, and joy; thus, the voice of Christian podcasters are important now more than ever.
[52:21] Words of Encouragement for People Who Want to Share the Word of God
- Misty’s advice for people who want to begin sharing is to just do it.
- Find people to teach or train you.
- Don’t let fear hold you back.
[53:37] The Rocket Podcast Community
- The Rocket Podcast community has a rich library, available experts, and masterminds to help their members hone their craft.
- They also have a checklist of the things aspiring podcasters need before starting their own show.
- Rocket Podcast also helps established podcasters grow and monetize their podcast.
[57:50] Recommendations for New & Aspiring Podcasters
- Attending the Spark Conference is a good first step because it will teach you everything you need to know about podcasting.
- If you can’t attend the Spark Conference, training materials are available on Rocket Podcast’s library for an affordable price.
[1:00:10] What’s Next for Misty
- Misty is excited to help people hone their message through the Rocket Podcast.
- She’s also looking forward to planning the next Spark event.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“God, I don’t know how to do this, but You do. And so just remembering that He’s there, even when it feels really hard and really lonely, I can always share my burden with the Lord.”
“He does allow things to happen in our lives. He doesn’t do evil, but things are sifted through His sovereign hand because they help us to become more like Jesus.”
“All of the things that I had done from when I was a recruiter back before I homeschooled my kids, and when I worked at Enron, and just all the different things that I had done through homeschooling, everything had prepared me for this moment for Spark.”
“Just step out, and just do it afraid. Do it with fear, and find people to walk alongside you to teach you, to train you.”
“Even though the world is being turned upside down, if we’re listening to the voice of truth and what the Bible says and we’re taking everything in through that lens, we’re going to weather this storm a little bit differently than people that don’t have that.”
Misty Phillip is a wife and a mother to three sons. She is a successful entrepreneur, author, podcaster, blogger, speaker, and Bible teacher. Misty is passionate about inspiring women to live authentically for Jesus.
She also founded Spark Christian Podcast Conference and co-founded Rocket Podcast.
Enjoy This Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for leaders, entrepreneurs, ministers, and everyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to rest and spend time with God.
Do you want to help more people renew their spiritual life through God’s grace? A simple way is to share this episode or what you’ve learned today on social media.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,