Prepare to be “Glorified.” Learn the power of reflecting.
2020 has been a challenging year for many. The holiday season is a time for reflecting on the previous year and get prepared for 2021.
In this episode, host Tim Winders is joined by his wife Glori Winders – operations specialist and minister. She also encourages many on reflecting as an author of a wide range of health-oriented cookbooks. Like most of us, she faced some roadblocks this year, but that didn’t stop her from reflecting and moving closer to her success. She tells us about her life in the new normal, what she’s learned, and how to overcome challenges we’ve encountered during the year.
If you want to take control of your life and move closer to your success, tune in to this episode!
Glori Winders is an author, minister, motivator, cook, and entrepreneur. She has published numerous books on food that meet a broad range of dietary restrictions and are allergen-free. Together with her husband, Tim, she has launched new businesses while writing and traveling the world.
- Discover how you can redefine your life on your terms.
- Find out what you can do to unlock your creativity.
- Learn how to develop yourself and your family during this situation.
[2:11] The Year 2020
- This year brought about a lot of challenges, but also blessings.
- Glori left her corporate position just a few weeks before the pandemic began.
- Glori had started relying less on God when she had a steady paycheck and didn’t have to exercise her faith as much.
- The main lesson of this year is that we all need to slow down a bit and allot time for reflecting.
[10:27] Glori’s Work
- Glori realized that she does not enjoy corporate environments as much as running her own business.
- She worked as a trusted adviser/chief of staff type position.
- Glori uses Scrum, which is within the Agile methodology of project management.
[15:42] Doing Ministry Work
- Glori knew going back to the corporate world was something she did not want to do.
- She knew she was supposed to do something in ministry for women.
- She kept praying to determine what she had to do.
- Glori feels she’s supposed to help people redefine life on their terms. She also wants to teach people the benefits of reflecting.
[21:53] Taking the Lead
- Stepping out on her own has been a challenge.
- You have to be a little selfish with your time so that you can get important tasks done. This is part of reflecting on your actions.
- When someone asks her for something, she usually drops everything she’s doing to do it.
[27:20] Lessons Learned
- Glori wants to take the freedoms she grew up with and take them into the future.
- She feels much of her freedoms have been willingly stripped away.
- The pandemic has forced her to give up a lot of the things she loved.
[30:55] On Decorating
- Her family once had a tree in every room — thirteen trees in total.
- Glori loves for things to be beautiful.
- She loves smells because they can bring back memories, calm us down, and help us with our emotions.
- When decorating, Glori sticks to a color theme to unify everything.
- She plays ambient sounds like YouTube videos of creeks and snow with jazz or classical music.
[40:02] Nourishing the Soul
- When you look at all the senses, you put your body in a place of rest and peace so that you can be more creative.
- Keeping your environment clean also helps you start your day better and make the place peaceful.
- You can train your family to do clean-up time and make an effort to keep it that way.
[48:23] Controlling and Developing Ourselves
- Honor your strengths.
- Don’t look at the things you’re weak in and try to build them up.
- Take your strengths and be excellent at them since they are the gifts you were given.
- Make sure your body has what it needs to perform at the highest level through supplements, good food, and lots of water.
[53:37] Glori’s Holiday Tradition
- Glori has been trying different things over the last few years for Thanksgiving instead of the usual big holiday meal.
- She let her kids pick out gifts they want to give, and they all wrap them together.
- This way, the kids got excited about the act of giving, not receiving, and led to them wanting to do things for people.
[1:00:15] Heading into 2021
- As a follower of Christ, Glori believes that God is working everything out for her good.
- Whenever she doesn’t understand why something is going on, she remembers that.
- Nothing is set in stone. Whatever you’ve been through, you still have time to rewrite a new story and come up with an ending you like.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[19:56] “I don’t care what family you came from. I don’t care what your background is. It doesn’t have to continue if you didn’t like it. And if you did, then make sure it does. If it is a beautiful legacy, then keep it going. But if it wasn’t a beautiful legacy, then rewrite it; write what you want.”
[23:19] “When you’re trying to build something, you’ve got to be a little bit selfish about your time.”
[50:22] “Just using that very slight edge, little bitty habits that we do or we don’t do every single day. And so they’re either moving us closer to success or closer to failure one way or the other. And we’ve always said, you’re either growing or dying—there’s no status quo; you’re not staying the same.”
[51:01] “If you’re trying to give out of an empty cup, you can’t get anything out; you’ve got to fill that cup up in the morning so that you can work with other people and give out to them. And if you just continue to try to give out, but the cup is just getting more and more depleted, you’re exhausting yourself, and you’re not helping anybody.”
[1:01:27] “Nothing is set in stone, nothing is what it is because somebody told you it has to be that way. You can change everything.”
Enjoy This Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on social media.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,