Redefining Success For 2021 With Tim Winders
What a year! 2020 has been a challenging time for most of us. With the unexpected spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, economic issues, and divisive political climate this year, 2020 has been a bumpy ride. It also offered us an opportunity to rethink our priorities, seek personal development, and re-evaluate our society. Now that this year is coming to a close, it’s time to reflect on the past year and embrace everything 2021 could bring.
In today’s episode, I talk about the things we learned in 2020, re-evaluate the value of those lessons in our life, and how we can use them for the future. These lessons will help us redefine what success means for us in 2021. We will also delve into five keys to growth and how it can help us create an impact in our lives next year.
If you’re ready to take the lessons you learned from 2020 into making a better 2021, this episode is for you.
- Reassess and re-evaluate all the things you’ve experienced in 2020 and reflect on the learnings you acquired from the challenges you faced.
- Learn the five keys to growth and how it can help you achieve your goals next year.
- Tim will share with us his struggles this year and how he rose above them.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Do you want to create more impact in the year 2021 and move to a place where you can be a blessing to you and others? We are offering FREE coaching sessions for the first three months of 2021! Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Redefine Success in 2021. You will be eligible for Redefine Success Coaching with host Tim Winders.
[3:53] Reflecting On The Year 2020
- Accepting and assessing 2020 allows us to re-evaluate and prevent the challenges we faced from happening again in the next year.
- 2020 has been both a challenge and a blessing. He recently became a grandfather — a “game-changer” in his life.
- He also experienced a lot of grief seeing people in masks and living in fear. Tim also endured family health issues and coping with the news.
- Many people went through financial challenges due to businesses shutting down from the lockdowns.
- It has been a year that no one ever thought we would experience in our lifetimes. Hence, the need to re-evaluate our lives.
[10:31] Learnings Points And Things We Can Be Grateful For
- 2020 gave us plenty of opportunities to do better. We must re-evaluate them.
- We have to understand that we are responsible for our success and what we do with our lives.
- There are some things we can implement to gain control over our success even when things are difficult.
- Tim talked about the five key growth areas he had observed with himself. He shares his work with his clients and interviews with people.
- He calls these five key growth areas control, decide, partner, grow, and implement.
[13:49] Five Key Growth Areas: Control
- Tim felt really out of control during the early months of the year because he felt limited by the travel restrictions imposed during the lockdown period.
- As a person who loves being in control of his world and situation, the loss of control irritated and drained him tremendously.
- As we head into 2021, understand what you can control and not worry about the rest.
- Focusing on the things you can’t change will only frustrate you and prevent you from being grateful for the present items in your life.
[18:48] Five Key Growth Areas: Decide
- Ask yourself: How do I define success?
- Due to the pandemic, a lot of people’s situations had to change.
- These shifts allowed us to recognize what is essential to us and decide what nourishes our soul, what we’re designed and created to do.
[22:07] Five Key Growth Areas: Partner
- Look at the people and resources around you that can help you redefine success or gain success as we move into 2021.
- Don’t isolate yourself; reach out and communicate with people.
- Understand that there are people around you that are willing to help you, and there are people who need your help — we need each other more than ever.
- One of the values of having a coach is that it forces interaction with someone who’s got your best interest in mind.
[25:01] Five Key Growth Areas: Grow
- In Carol Dweck’s book Mindset, she talked about the two types of people: people who have a growth mindset and people who have a fixed mindset.
- Read more, listen to podcasts, watch growth-oriented videos on Youtube, or get a mentor.
- People who aren’t growing will feel their lives sink.
- Commit to growth and become prepared for the difficult times in the future.
- Feed your mind with things that nourish it.
[31:07] Five Key Growth Areas: Implement
- There are times when we feel frozen and confused. It becomes difficult to do the things we need to accomplish.
- Strategize the things you need to achieve, whether in your business, organization, or family. Get busy doing the things you have control over.
- Treat your mind like it’s a treasure; guard and protect it against the things that may pollute it. Guard what goes into your system.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[20:47] “I believe that one decision that most of us will have because everything was stripped away over this last year, we’re going to decide where we live. And when I say where we live, for those that are followers of Christ, we call that place the Kingdom of God.”
[27:57] “People that aren’t focused and putting an incredibly intense effort into growth and growing themselves . . . I don’t want to be that way, and I don’t think you want to be that way either.”
[30:50] “Focus on growth, feed your mind with things that nourish it. And that will help you get prepared for difficult times that we may have in the future.”
[33:04] “Do something. I know that it will encourage you and help you just as you start picking things off your list. Implement, implement, implement.”
[34:52] “Treat your mind like it’s a treasure — guard it, protect it. Don’t let anything get into this mind, or this head, with your eyes, your ears, that will pollute it — that will contaminate it.”
Enjoy This Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on social media.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,