Humans are misunderstood creatures. We have high expectations of each other, and we don’t truly understand people, much less ourselves. The lessons from knowing color and temperament can aid us to have a deeper comprehension of ourselves so that we can have better relationship with God and with others.
In this episode, we feature Jessie Lee Perez, book author, business expert, and a True Colors Certified Facilitator. Join us as we discuss her journey from childhood to her career and passion for transforming lives through speaking color. Aside from her life experience, she also shares her traveling stories and her relationship with God.
Listen to this episode to learn more about yourself — what color you might be, your temperament, and other colorful insights about life.
Jessie Lee Perez is the author of Color By Design, a book about the four color personalities that may help you in your journey of self-discovery and improvement. She is also a business expert and a lifelong traveler. A certified facilitator of True Colors workshops, her passion involves transforming individuals and communities and pushing them to succeed.
Are you interested in reaching out to Jessie? You can contact her through her website.
- Learn how traveling can expand your mind and make you appreciate life.
- Discover powerful insights behind knowing the language of colors and your temperament.
- Learn how God moves in our lives, speaks through prayer, and guides us to the path we ought to take.
[07:11] Jessie’s Adventurous Spirit
- A traveler at heart, Jessie has already worked in 16 nations. She used to work in international logistics and frequented Central America.
- She has an interesting ancestry. Her great-grandfather is the carpenter and architect for the Titanic’s grand staircase, and another is a Jewish rabbi.
- She is passionate about helping people all over the world understand God’s design of temperament.
- She traveled the world in 20 days by herself with no cellphone and just a backpack.
[14:51] On Traveling and Understanding Culture
- Being able to travel stretches and expands your life experience and knowledge base.
- Going to another country allows you to discover a completely different worldview and perspective other than your own.
- Be intentional in trying to learn a specific culture. This includes eating exotic food, learning the languages, and understanding the social norms.
- Becoming more keen about your daily routines will help you appreciate your life even more.
[18:13] Childhood and Growing Up
- Her parents didn’t have a lot of money when she was a child, but she was very content. Her original bedroom was a bathroom, and there was a bunk bed over the tub.
- She was lonely and friendless in a small town. As a child, she had a lot of pent-up anger.
- Despite her past situation, she had great childhood memories.
[27:06] Jessie’s Career
- She was laid off from her work at a dentist’s office.
- Out of desperation, she went to the temp agency and was assigned to a paper-pushing job for a logistics company. The company recognized her excellent work performance.
- God tells us to serve with excellence. Even if you don’t know the Lord yet, operating in his principles will work.
- Don’t be afraid to take the leap when it comes to your career goals.This will improve your relationship with God.
[29:50] The Lord’s Plan
- Her prayer of being able to travel the world became a reality with her current job. She eventually got recruited by NASA.
- God spoke to her through her manager and said that she should continue her academic degree. She balanced full-time work and full-time school.
- A lot of people think that God only moves in our lives when we give our lives to him.
- Knowing God means appreciating his plan for the path you must take. He puts the desire in our hearts, and he manifests it in our lives. Deepen your relationship with God.
[39:31] Redefining Success
- Education is really important, but we get most of it from life experience. Never stop learning because there’s so much to learn.
- We have our own paths which lead to different types of success.
- Helping people is a step closer to success. Jessie believes that her True Colors Personality Assessment can transform lives.
- God put it in Jessie’s heart to write a book, which was the best way to share the relevance of True Colors.
[52:03] Colors and Personality Assessments
- Myers–Briggs and other famous personality tests may give accurate results. The problem lies in not knowing what to do with such information.
- In True Colors, there are four colors (blue, green, orange, gold), and everybody is a spectrum of it. It is ranked by the most influencing (bright) to the least (pale).
- We want to understand the colors to know who we are and how we communicate with other people.
- True Colors helps you learn more about your relationships and how you can further improve yourself.
[1:04:40] Speaking in Color
- Who we are is different from how we are.
- God fulfills our spectrum and the colors we lack because Jesus is 100% of every color.
- We can never be good enough on our own. We need to have a relationship with God to make us whole.
- Being able to speak in color allows for success, community, empathy, and life transformation.
- What’s next for Jessie is exploring the colors of the characters in the Bible.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[16:59] “These things that we take for granted is how people do life. It is not how most people do life. And it’ll not only make you value and appreciate what you have more, but it’ll also give you a framework to speak from with a much larger knowledge base than you would have had before.”
[29:30] “Don’t be afraid to jump and reach for things. Because the worst that somebody can say is ‘No.’ And ‘No’ doesn’t actually set you back. ‘No’ just says it wasn’t your door and that’s okay.”
[41:08] “My success will certainly not be somebody else’s success, because we’re on different paths. But can I look back and say that I have taken every opportunity that I believe I was supposed to take? If the answer is yes, I’m closer to success. Can I look back and say, I have helped people I was supposed to help? If my answer is yes, I feel like I’m closer to success.”
[1:03:08] “When we understand what colors is really all about, it’s all about relationships. It’s all about, ‘How do I work with who I am? Find what you have that is such a value to who [you are] and how can we work together to fill those gaps that we have within our own spectrums?’.”
[1:08:43] “When you learn to speak color, you’re not only setting yourself up for success, but you are becoming part of a community to build other people for success as well.”
Enjoy This Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Google Podcasts so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on social media.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we’d love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to redefine success in their lives.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,