Turmoil and upheaval make us question our faith. It's easy to get caught up in the chaos of things happening around us. It makes us shortsighted. Worse, it can reach a point where we box ourselves into the belief that the world revolves around us. We lose faith because we think we're alone in our struggles. But that is far from the reality God has planned for us. He created us to succeed and thrive. And only when we put in our pure and absolute trust can we find our meaning of faith.
In this episode, Tim delves into faith as the second foundational principle to success. He explains how these principles are instrumental to the main character of his book. He then shares how the podcast listeners define faith from their perspectives. We'll also get a glimpse of the book's definition of faith and how we can learn from it. Finally, Tim shares a heartwarming glorification his wife did for him that reinforced his faith in humanity.
If you want to redefine the meaning of faith and success in your life, tune in to this episode!
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Discover why love comes before faith.
- Define the meaning of faith.
- Understand that there is a bigger picture — the world doesn't revolve around a single person.
- Check out the following Seek Go Create Podcast episodes:
- Love: A First Foundational Principle to Success
- From Ministry Worker to International Businesswoman: Mixing Faith & Business with Katie Hornor
- Is God Really in Control | Q&A with Chris Cree
- The Blue Jeans Christian Podcast by Kevin Brownlee
- Your Glorious Endeavor by Kevin Brownlee
- Indiana Jones - Leap of Faith clip
- The Ziglar Show with Kevin Miller
- POSITIVELY JOY Podcast S2 Ep32: Podcasters talk about Jeep's ad: "In the Middle" with Tim Winders and David Weaver
- Beyond the Rut Podcast by Jerry Duggan
- Subscribe to our website to get resources from our guests and updates on our latest giveaways and episodes.
- Grab a copy of Tim's book, Coach: A Story of Success Redefined!
- Episode Details
[0:42] The Three Foundational Principles to Success
- Tim introduced the first foundational principle last time — love. The second one is faith.
- The three principles are like a three-legged stool; one does not go well without the other two.
- These three keys are instrumental to the character Tim wrote about in his novel.
[02:05] Love Before Faith
- A lot of people think that faith needs to go first before love.
- It’s difficult to move into the faith arena without having the slightest bit of love.
- Understanding love is important before understanding the meaning of faith.
[03:25] Redefining Success and Faith
- Achieving a level of success is possible without having some degree of faith. However, it’s not sustainable.
- Success without faith is not a true success; it's more of fleeting worldly success.
- The understanding that the world does not revolve around you is a foundational component of faith.
- True and purposeful success requires faith.
[05:47] Defining Faith
- Tim asked listeners to define faith in 15 words or less.
- The scene in Indiana Jones called The Leap of Faith is one way to define the meaning of faith.
- Faith is mastering the calm and knowing the way to move forward is always there.
- Listen to the full episode to know how Tim’s viewers define the meaning of faith!
[11:25] “[Faith is] putting legs to trust. Faith speaks and acts.” -Click to Tweet This
[13:42] Faith in Hebrew
- Emunah is the Hebrew word for faith.
- Believing in the power of your Elohim, or God, to do the things you cannot is another meaning of faith.
[14:30] Believing in the Unknown
- Many of the definitions of faith gathered by Tim refer to Hebrews 11.
- Knowing all is well is the third leg of the three foundational principles to success.
- Faith is a decision and choice of confidence in something unprovable and without uncertainty.
- Everyone has a degree of faith in something despite not realizing it.
[17:00] “I don't think you can not have faith. You either have faith in yourself, or you have faith in your abilities, or someone else, or the government or things like that.” -Click to Tweet This
[17:56] Faith as Hope
- Faith is a measure we have all received for the expected, unseen — accessed by our ability to hope, dream, and create.
- It’s knowing unwaveringly that God’s promises are true through eternity.
- Faith is hope wrapped up in a blanket of peace. It’s taking the next step without a safety net.
- It's through belief in God's plan that the next generations will have a chance for happiness.
[18:00] “[Faith is] a measure we have all been given for the expected unseen — accessed by our ability to hope, dream, and create.” -Click to Tweet This
[20:45] The Formula of Faith
- Faith = belief x action x confidence.
- Faith is the presence of a correct belief about God.
- The counterpoint to faith or unbelief means the absence of any belief or the presence of an incorrect one.
[21:56] Hebrews 11:1
- Hebrews 11:1: Faith is the substance of the things hoped for and evidence of things not seen.
- It's not necessarily believing all that you see, but believing things as they are.
- God’s word is plan A; there’s no plan Bs.
- Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t make it wrong.
- Faith is the currency of the Kingdom of God. It’s moving on behalf of what God tells us.
[25:41] The Main Character in Tim’s Novel
- Tim wanted the main character in his novel to have three things that would transform his life.
- These three things are foundational in urging the character to shift from a place of self-centeredness.
- A mentor of the main character helps him define what faith is.
[27:46] The Mentor’s Definition of Faith
- The unapologetic and unashamed belief that there is God and that He is our Creator is the meaning of faith.
- It is the faith that God loves His creation. He has a desire for us to thrive, flourish, and find our place in the world.
- Faith is hope for a better future. It is the assurance that He has the power, wisdom, and desire to help us follow His plan for our life.
[27:57]“Faith is the confidence that God loves His creation, and has a desire for us to thrive, flourish, and find our place in his world.” -Click to Tweet This
[28:36] Confessions of the Main Character About Faith
- Believe in God and get convinced that nothing can alter the conviction and belief in this truth.
- There's no searching for answers; the answer is your relationship with God.
- God always has a plan, even if you don't always understand it. Place all trust in him.
- Identify and accept your purpose.
- You were created to succeed, not to fail.
[29:57] Faith in Something Bigger than Ourselves
- Tim recorded the episode on the day of this birthday. He wanted to move the conversation towards the meaning of faith in the higher power.
- Some time ago, Tim’s wife Glori asked Tim what he wanted for his birthday. Tim made an offhand statement to have people make a short video of how he impacted them.
- Glory “glorified” the project. It showed Tim that we need to have faith in other people.
- We were created for a specific purpose and become a blessing in whichever way.
- The world doesn’t revolve around us as individuals. There is a bigger picture.
[32:58] “I have faith that you are created for a specific purpose. You were created to interact with other people to be a blessing in whatever way that is.” -Click to Tweet This
Enjoy the Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories, and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work, and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on your favorite social media platform.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. By leaving a review, you can help us reach more people who want to discover the meaning of faith.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,