Another year begins, and the promise to be a better person is almost on everyone’s list of resolutions. We hope that by changing our ways, we also build habits to become successful. But have you ever thought of love as a foundation to success? We all define success differently, but the core values needed to navigate through it remain constant.
In this episode, Tim unravels why love is a foundational principle to success. He also talks about how others define love and its relevance in creating a better world. Finally, Tim discusses his book and the lessons you can gather from it.
If you’d like to learn how love is an important principle to success, tune in to this episode!
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Understand the meaning of love.
- Discover the foundational principles of success.
- Recognize why love is the first principle to success.
- Subscribe to our website to get resources from our guests and updates on our latest giveaways and episodes.
- Grab a copy of Coach: A Story of Success Redefined
- Episode Details
[01:47] Love: The Foundational Principle of Success
- Before, Tim thought that sticking to your goals was the only thing necessary for success.
- He later realized there’s much more to success than just reaching your target.
- The first foundational principle to success is love, while the second is faith.
- You must learn the meaning of love before understanding faith. Listen to the full episode to know how Tim’s viewers define love!
[04:23] “You can achieve certain levels of success within the system that I like to call the world system or Babylon…But I've just come to realize there's much more to what success means.” - Click Here to Tweet This
[08:48] Love Is a Spectrum
[6:34] “...understanding of love needs to come before one begins understanding what faith really is.” - Click Here to Tweet This
- There are no right or wrong definitions of love.
- Some may equate love to a hearty, delicious taco, while others see it from the words of God.
- Love is a decision and not an emotion.
- Love is patient and kind. It does not boast.
[13:03] Becoming Selfless When Loving
- When Jesus sacrificed His life to save us, it showed His tremendous love for people.
- When we put another person’s sake before ours, we are sending forth love.
- Doing what’s best for others even if they disagree is an act of love.
- Love constitutes unconditional grace and mercy.
[18:38] Love Is an Action
- Love is something you do.
- When you love someone, you see a person for his spirit and not his flesh.
- Love does not measure. It only gives without expecting anything in return.
[20:24] Love in the Context of the Bible
- Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians, said that all material things would be nothing if you don’t have love.
- Love must be Christ-centered. It must be selfless and unconditional despite all odds.
- God loves us so much that He sacrificed his only Son.
- Love is from God. It’s an unrelenting pursuit by a perfect heavenly Father.
[27:23] Greek Definition of Love
- Ancient Greek words were used to classify love: epithemia, eros, storge, philautia, and agape.
- Agape is found in scriptural passages. It’s the willful decision to put others’ interests above one’s own.
- Most of the love definitions gathered by Tim refer to agape.
[28:53] The Protagonist in Tim’s Novel
- The main character in Tim’s book had a difficult time understanding and showing love.
- The novel’s protagonist was going through a crisis, and he knew he needed to change something in his life.
- A mysterious character came into his life. He served as a coach who helped him redefine success.
[30:38] The Coach’s Definition of Love
- Love is unearned, unconditional compassion, and understanding for all people.
- Love is not just a feeling or emotion. It is also an act.
- We are commanded to love God and love others, as we love ourselves.
[30:39] “Love is unearned, unconditional compassion, and understanding for all people. It is not just a feeling or emotion. It is patient, kind and honoring to others. Love is an action. It is something that one does. We are commanded to love God and love others, as we love ourselves.” - Click Here to Tweet This
[31:26] Confessions Taught by the Coach
- Show love and seek opportunities to honor those around you.
- We shouldn’t earn the love of others.
- Do not judge and be quick to forgive.
- Be a person of compassion.
- Understand that your thoughts, words, actions are evidence of the love that flows through you.
[31:27] “I will show love, I will seek opportunities to honor those around me, I have not earned the love that is shown to me. Therefore, I will not expect others to earn love from me, I will not judge, I will be quick to forgive, I will be a person of compassion, and understanding my thoughts, words, and actions will be evidence of the love that flows through me at all times. I will show love.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[32:17] The World with Love
- Imagine what the world would look like if people show love regularly.
- Sometimes individuals and organizations fall short of showing love.
- Make love a foundational principle in redefining success.
- Tim hopes that love takes over as many people as possible.
[33:25] “As you begin the year or begin a process of redefining success…make love a foundational principle.” - Click Here to Tweet This
Enjoy the Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for anyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new. We share topics, stories, and conversations that allow us to rethink how we live, work, and lead.
If you were inspired and educated by this episode, feel free to subscribe to us on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify so that you never miss another episode. Also, share this episode or what you’ve learned today on your favorite social media platform.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. By leaving a review, you can help us reach more people who want to change how they work. Why work when you can play?
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,