We are often scared of taking risks and making changes due to other people's opinions and the things we are going to leave behind. There's so much holding us back, so much to think about, so much to carry. In Luke 9:1-6, Jesus gives authority to His disciples to go out without fear and share the Gospel message. Without any money or food, they took on the role Jesus gave them and changed the world completely. He simply led a nomadic life.
In today's episode, host Tim Winders discusses Luke 9:1-6 and how it impacted and encouraged him to be a full-time traveler. He shares with us the importance of scripture in today's world and how our possessions are holding us back in living a fulfilling life.
This episode is for everyone who is thinking of living the nomadic life but is still on the fence and can't make a decision.
3 Reasons to Listen:
- Discover the teachings of the Lord through the analysis of Luke 9:1-6.
- Tim shares encouragement in living a nomadic life through the words of God.
- You will learn how to leave your possessions and avoid holding grudges against those who hurt you.
- Connect with the SeekGoCreate Network! For updates and more episodes, visit our website or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Episode Details
[02:32] Luke 9:1-6
- Even if it was 2000 years ago, the teachings of God are still relevant today.
- Luke 9:1-6 discusses the tasks and instructions Jesus gave to His disciples, which involves living a nomadic lifestyle.
- Jesus gave them power and authority to drive out demons, preach the kingdom of God, and heal the sick.
- As disciples, we have the ability and assignment to preach the kingdom of God.
“Everything in my life really goes through the paradigm or through the lens of my faith.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[10:56] Verse Three: Take Nothing For The Journey To A Nomadic Life
- In the third verse, Jesus told His disciples not to carry any tools, go, and do what he told them to do.
- It was a simple instruction that resonates with how people live their lives in current times.
- As disciples, we need to discover our assignment by asking Him and not through listening to anyone else's opinion.
- Without the power and authority of being a disciple, you may run into a lot of roadblocks and challenges.
- Tim and Glori believe that God said to them, “I can't send you where I want to send you, living in this big house with all this stuff. Because you think about this stuff more than you think about me.”
“Listen, I believe that we can have multiple homes, and you can live all over. I just don't want that stuff to own you and keep you from taking nothing for your journey.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[17:40] Verse Four: Taking The Stewardship Role In A Nomadic Life
- Jesus's disciples were living places they didn't know, and people would take care of them. We all have our own rules.
- Don't let possessions dictate what you do or where you go. Be careful of what you're treating as idols in your life.
- Back then, houses, cars, and other material things played an important part in Tim's life. He has since learned to be cautious about treating similar things as idols.
“Don't let possessions dictate what you do or where you go.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[21:18] Verse Five: Shaking Off the Dust and Moving On To Live A Nomadic Life
- In the fifth verse, Jesus told His disciples to shake off the very dust off their feet as a testimony against the places that did not receive them with gratitude.
- Don't let hostility from other people take hold of you. Move on to the next place instead of holding a grudge.
- Don't allow other people's thoughts and opinions to control you in any way.
- Everyone is aiming for the “American Dream,” where you get a house, live your entire life there, and build equity. It’s not wrong, but this life may not align with the teachings of God.
- People can be mean and awful, and you may also take their intentions the wrong way. Don't let it stop you from fulfilling your role as a disciple and living your truth.
“If someone isn't celebrating you, if they're just tolerating you, just move on to the next place. Shake off the dust. Don't think about it, don't let it take hold over you, don't hold a grudge.” - Click Here To Tweet This
[25:10] Verse Six: Fulfilling Our Assignment
- In the last verse, Jesus told His disciples to depart, visit each town, preach the Gospel, and give healing everywhere.
- The teachings of Luke 9:1-6 can also be helpful for businesses.
[28:24] Final Thoughts on a Nomadic Life
- Main points: Receive the Lord’s power and authority, take nothing for the journey, go out, move along when met with hostility, and don't let possessions hinder what you're supposed to do.
- It doesn’t mean you have to get rid of your stuff and hit the road. Get the power and authority from God if this is your assignment.
- Listen to the full podcast as Tim shares a story to help you further understand the message of Luke 9:1-6.
“Don't allow other people's thoughts and opinions control you in any way.” - Click Here To Tweet This
Enjoy The Podcast?
Seek Go Create is for leaders, entrepreneurs, ministers, and everyone seeking excellence, moving towards success, or creating something new.
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. By doing this, you can help us reach more people who want to rest and spend time with God.
Do you want to help more people renew their spiritual life through God's grace? A simple way is to share this episode or what you've learned today on social media.
To growing and becoming all we are created to be,